|
Saturday, December 24, 2005
Adam asked me how things were. This was my reply. It is the semi-complete truth and I thought I might want to remember it later.
As far as my life at the moment, I work at the Metropolitan Council for the housing authority. I care way too much and get really hurt when people scam the system by looking right at me and lying so i feel sorry for them. But most of the people are for real. I'm 22 years old and I still can't manage to get myself out of bed on time in the morning. The only thing I'm disciplined about is a) brushing my teeth twice a day and b) remembering to set the timer on my automatic coffee maker so the house will smell good every morning. Ironically, I've just realized that those two things are in direct opposition when you consider the long term appearance of my teeth. So I guess that amounts to ZERO. I'm very undependable. I lock keys in cars when it's the least convenient. I don't own my own car (never have), so "least convenient" can be VERY bad sometimes. I am attempting to grow in my understanding of being satisfied in Christ fully although I feel every day like I know him less (on average). I go to Bethlehem Baptist, but of course, not predictably every week. I'm in a band that's working on moving up in the world, gradually, painstakingly... it may or may not happen and it doesn't matter much to me. My best friends are my bandmates and their roommates - a house full of seven bachelors (a few of which who have not always been so) and their accumulating dirty dishes and trash as well as the occasional mouse family. And that's about it. I'm aware of my loneliness sometimes and sometimes not. I feel conviction and direction and passion sometimes and sometimes not. My thoughts are perpetual and often faster than the rest of me can keep up with. Sometimes, my better judgment goes on vacation for months at a time. Anyway, I smell the coffee wafting from my kitchen.... answering its call presently...
* posted by claire * 1:29 PM
|