|
Wednesday, December 31, 2003
I need you so much closer
I need you so much closer
I need you so much closer
I need you so much closer
I’ve always wanted to write a novel. How sweet would it be to create something out of your own head that finally deserves accolade in place of a patronizing head pat. I am young. I am an idealist. I still think the world could be changed dramatically by a handful of people who believe in their cause. But at the same time, I withdraw into my own little world quite often. I allow my analytical wanderings to satiate my desire to understand the world, when really all I’m doing is understanding myself. And that is of such little value in itself! I am of such little value in myself.
But if I were to write a novel, I would want it to be about the human condition, not about my condition. While I think I could make that into an interesting story, I would feel silly at the end. I don’t want a series of blog entries to get smashed together with a minimal attempt at coherence and then published for people to in theory buy and read. What a waste of ink. Anything so selfish should be condemned. Yet I find myself entranced by those who have done it before me. Really, I find myself entranced by anyone who really knows himself.
* posted by claire * 10:13 AM
|